We are basically want to rename a space along with the space key. I found the below link -
https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-copy-or-rename-a-space-in-confluence-169578.html
Can the above steps be followed server based confluence application?
Both our JIRA and Confluence are hosted on different windows servers with JIRA version 7.3.7 and Confluence version 6.2. We have application links between JIRA and Confluence.
Hi Divya,
The article can indeed be followed by Confluence Server instances. Essentially you will be exporting the space, renaming the space and the key in the XML, and re-importing it, causing a duplicate space with a new name.
As it hasn't been tested on linked instances, I would recommend testing this first on your test instances if you are concerned of running into any issues. What likely might be a problem is if you have linked the Confluence space to a Jira project you will want to reconnect the two since this is essentially a new space.
Let us know if you have any trouble.
Regards,
Shannon
@Divya Yathagiri Venkata, You could also create you new space and key and move the pages to the new space. .pd
Whats the process to move pages from one space to the other? Can I copy pages instead of move? That way its safer.
Also our space is very huge with more than 400 pages. So can't do it manually rather I'll need a faster way.
Divya,
You can copy pages individually or a page and its children. See Copy a Page for more details.
We'll see what Peter says as well but if you have 400 pages I would say cloning it is the faster way.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.