I was surprised to see that Cloud-based Confluence only backs up every 24h, as I would expect such a system to use database replication to back up instantly to a offsite backup.
We intend to install Confluence Server on our site, probably using MySQL replication and hourly rsync for attachment backup.
I have a few questions:
a) If we replicate to another site for use by the same company, do we need a second Confluence licence for the backup (for case the main site burns to the ground)? We would need to be able to get the second site up instantly, partly because all the disaster recover information is on there! But only one copy would be running at any one time.
b) Would there be any issues in starting up Confluence on a database replica?
c) Why is database replication not mentioned as a backup method in any Confluence documentation?