I have run several CSV imports with success. I added an attachment column and mapped it using an https:// link to an item in our Google Drive account. It imported but came across as "Open" or edit with no attachment. Any ideas?
Thanks so much!
Hi Sarah,
The attachments might be password protected, hence JIRA can't access them. Are you using Server or Cloud?
Cloud.
I assumed that since I created the test ticket for myself and didn't log out, I should be able to click on an attachment link I created since I don't need to "log in" to be directed to the url.
I meant on the Google Drive side.
Can you see the attachments on your browser using the URL and not logging in?
I see. So if I open a new browser, not logged in to Google, then no I cannot see it. It takes me to the google log in screen.
I am facing the same issue, Could you please help me how could I update the file/ attachment Link to the path: file://file.jpeg??
Tried by uploading the files through Google Drive and by the below process.. Both are throwing the same error:
Hi Sravan,
This process is not possible when importing from Google Drive. You'll have to get the files to your local computer and then you can use the file://file.jpeg.
Hi Edwin,
Here we are migrated jira issues from one cloud instance to other,we've mapped the attachments column also,import done ,attachments are attached to the issues but i'm unable to view the attachments, Here i'm attaching the screenshot for your reference,Please provide any solution to migrate the attachments or to view the imported attachments.
Hello,
You'll have to download the attachment files separately and then do a import. They won't be brought in with the CSV import. Let me know if that helps.
Please add "Anyone" group to Browse Project permission in Permission schema and import the CSV format. So while importing it will not check any authentication and download the attachment from Source and upload into Target server. I have done it and it is working fine.
Regards
Ravi
Edwin,
This has worked: Thank you! we are migrating huge data.. about 10,000 issues with more than 2000 attachments in it.. Is there a way to bulk import the attachments? saving each and every attachment locally for 2000 attachments will take it for ever.. I was looking if there is any workaround for this..
Please Advice.
Thank You!!
This did not work for us. The attachments are uploaded but they are not viewable.
@[deleted]@Edwin Kyalangalilwa : could you please help me as well? I am trying to upload several JIRA tickets using Service Desk cloud in csv format with attachments from local computer. Edwin you presented the solution for files located in current directoryfile://file.jpegor a pathfile:///folder/file.jpeg
But I don't manage to do it. In the csv file I am using following link format to a file located on my computer. For example:file:///C:/Users/Julie/Documents/81_JIRA/image.jpg
What am I doing wrong?
Thank you so much in advance!Julie
I uploaded the attachment on a shared location with the csv file which was supposed to be imported. Both the CSV file and image file were uploaded on the same location but when the import process was started it errored out as -"Attachment file not found or not readable, skipping: /app_2/var/atlassian/application-data/jira/import/attachments/JIRA.png".
Just to mention the above process was tried with keeping the files on my desktop as well but it threw the same error.
Can someone please help to resolve this?
is this solved?
I'm also looking for a solution to this issue. Trying to import from a JSON file. File to attach is in the same folder. My json looks like that:
....
"attachments": [{"name": "Attach.msg","attacher": "user1","created": "2020-04-20T09:51:12.1681238+08:00","description": "This is a test","uri": file://Attach.msg}]
Still getting the issue:
org.codehaus.jackson.JsonParseException: Unrecognized token 'file': was expecting
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.