Hi,
We are running Bitbucket Server 5.6.1 and just introduced using the DIY backup concept. (https://bitbucket.org/atlassianlabs/atlassian-bitbucket-diy-backup)
As part of restoring a backup to our test environment we would like to change the base url.
I'm not able to find a REST resource for doing so and only able to find setup.baseUrl which will work on a "fresh" install. (this isen't as it a restore of a existing one)
Is this possible using the REST API or by setting a property in the bitbucket.properties file ?
Thanks in advance :-)
Kind regards
Claus
Hi Claus! The base URL can be adjusted via the "BITBUCKET_URL" parameter of the bitbucket.diy-backup.vars.sh file, you can find this at Using Bitbucket Server DIY backup.
BITBUCKET_URL
Hope that helps!
Ana
Hi Ana - the link you supply doesn't work. I guess it is this one right ? https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/using-bitbucket-server-diy-backup-776640056.html
Using that property doesn't work. I restore our production environment to our test environment once a day - and the BITBUCKET_URL is set correctly in bitbucket.diy-backup.vars.sh when restoring. But the url in Bitbucket test instance is set to the production one.... maybe this is saved in the DB ?
Hi @Claus Nielsen
We had this problem, too. Same situation.
As far as we could determine, this must be done in the database.
Before launching your restored instance, you can do:
UPDATE app_property SET prop_value = 'http://new-url-here:7990' WHERE prop_key = 'instance.url'
That's not exactly a supported method, as far as I know, but I couldn't figure out another way to make it happen.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.