Not paying attention, Sprint 3 was started when Sprint 2 should have been started. We will do Sprint 3, just not now(must be after sprint 2)
I don't want to delete the now started sprint, but need to Stop or pause it while Sprint 2 completes.
Hi John,
I don't think you can stop a sprint to be restarted later on. You can create a new sprint, and delete the one your started by mistake. The issues that were in Sprint 3 will move to the next sprint. Now you can re-create Sprint 3 and move the original issues back to it.
Hope it helps,
Carlos
Not the answer I wanted, but the answer I expected.
I did just as you described and I'm back to where I wanted to be.
Thanks @Carlos Garcia Navarro
Really?
Hi Jone,
I'm afraid so... Per the Atlassian documentation, "You can only delete inactive sprints, so the ones that haven't been started yet, or that were already completed."
This is an article that explains how to delete sprints:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver075/deleting-a-sprint-935562578.html?_ga=2.73040467.1909076583.1536213038-1642675042.1519882766
The accepted answer is just a hack for a feature that needs to be implemented. Please vote for JRASERVER-68970
Done
just to recap ... only in the DB u can stop a by mistake started Sprint ?????? is there no other way ???
EVERYONE should vote it!
This can be done via UI too, just like Carlos Garcia Navarro mentioned. Here are the steps I followed assuming Sprint1 was started by mistake:
1. Created a temporary sprint
2. Saved the Sprint1 details such as name, start date, and cadence
3. Completed the Sprint1 and moved all issues to the temporary sprint
4. Navigated to the Reports -> Sprint Report and deleted the Sprint1
5. Renamed the temporary sprint with the Sprint1 details
And done!"
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.