I have a valid id_rsa.pub ssh-key copied into my Bitbucket user settings. I can clone any top-level repo that I have access to.
I can also validate that my id_rsa.pub works by running:
ssh -vT git@bitbucket.org
[...]
Authenticated to bitbucket.org ([104.192.143.2]:22).
debug1: channel 0: new [client-session]
debug1: Entering interactive session.
debug1: pledge: network
debug1: client_input_channel_req: channel 0 rtype exit-status reply 0
logged in as **REDACTED**.
BUT when I clone a top-level repo with submodules and run:
git submodule update --init --recursive"
# I see many "Permission denied (publickey") messages to repos I also have permission to
Permission denied (publickey).
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.
I can clone my submodules over ssh individually, NO PROBLEM. Just when the top level repo attempts to update all the submodules, it fails.
What is going on?
((( I do not want to use https for submodules. )))