Confluence server 6.6.0 is installed and running on localhost:8090, when I change this to support.companioncorp.com:8090 which resolves to the IP the server is assigned I can't connect using the new URL only localhost.
It seems like it should be simple and I'm following these instructions:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/configuring-the-server-base-url-148592.html
What error do you see? "I can't connect" tells us nothing (for all we know, it might be because there's a grumpy penguin sitting on your keyboard saying "no")
LOL, no grumpy penguins here. I put in the new address into the browser it just spins and then says can't connect to server. No response, no error messages. But it continues to work on localhost.
:-) Shame there's no emoticon for grumpy penguins.
A spinner and a timeout usually means the client machine cannot resolve the host, or that if it can, there's no response.
Check the host resolves with a ping or nslookup, and then if it does, the firewall rules.
I found that I had made a mistake in DNS and pointed the name to the wrong IP. I've corrected that and can confirm I can ping the system by IP and a lookup returns the correct IP now. But I still can't connect but I also can't ping it by name for some reason.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.