Hello,
How to add additional row/column to the existing table? What is the shortcut for this?
Thanks,
Kris
Click on the "insert row beneath" button on the toolbar, after putting the cursor on the right line. There's no keyboard shortcut for this though.
adding rows is easy as pie via tabbing; just enter the last row and column and hit the tab key; that will add another row at the end of the table.
- but how can I add columns?
Click on the "insert column before or after" buttons.
wow, thanks! I would not have found that function (that icon) without your help! super!
I'm including a screenshot with the tooltip to help others as well
If you hover over the buttons mentioned by Nic then they will show you the shortcuts.
Pretty simple:Alt+Shift+(down arrow) .... Insert row "After"
Alt+Shift+(up arrow) .... Insert row "Before"
Alt+Shift+(right arrow) .... Insert column "After"
Alt+Shift+(left arrow) .... Insert column "Before"
Thank you for posting the screen shot @Dan Vitvass, it was a tremendous help to me!
Yes thank you! Big help in finding the right buttons.
How about in the app?
thank you for this helpful tip!
I didn't find how to add row in Android app
Thanks @Dan Vitvass , for some reason the buttons were not working, but the tab works just fine!
Same for ios... a year later, still unusable without that feature
Hmm, running into the same issue, is it impossible to add further rows using the ios app?
Are these options from an add-on? Without this add-on can one split cells i.e. add columns and/or rows within without add actual rows and columns to the whole table?
It really is a major drawback without this in the iOS app
Still not in the iOS app AFAIK.
It's not an add-on, it's the way it worked four years ago. And on a different platform.
Helpful, Nic. Thanks for the insight.
Why oh whhhhhhyyyy can they not bring it in already, surely the devs are all over this type of ish! :-/
amazing, much obliged! I would not have discovered that work (that symbol) without your assistance! super!
I'm incorporating a screen capture with the tooltip to help other people also
I don't see any insert column buttons. Where do I uncover them?
How do you get that Responsive icon bar to show up, in order to have the icons for adding columns?
I having issue on adding new row. the problem is on one particular row, it has multiple sub rows starts from the second column. Now when I add a new row, the new row is start from the second column as a new sub-row, however I do want to just add a new row which should start from the first column.
Thank you for the tip with the tab key on the very last cell. However, mentioned shortcuts Alt-Shift-Arrow don't work for me and I need to insert a row in the middle of the table. I cannot locate the toolbar buttons for these actions, they're probably not (much) accessible for screen-readers. I'm blind so screenshot posted here also don't help.Please, do you have any hint how to achieve this using a keyboard?
Edit: With sighted assistance we discovered the shortcuts Alt-Ctrl-Arrows, which work for me. Thanks.
fab! Its been driving me nuts trying to work this out as never had to created any tables and needed to edit an existing one - I don't have any of those icons people were referring to either but this shortcut worked - Thankyou!
I do not see the insert row buttons (maybe depreciated from older versions)But Alt-Ctrl-Arrows worked like a charm!!
Merge cells is the answer I think you are trying to find.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.