I need to do Jira ntegration with Sensu. Since 2FA enabled, default integration is not working. So I need a app password.
You'll need to explain what you mean by an "app password", as Jira doesn't have one and relies on user accounts for access.
Since 2FA enabled for Jira access, our monitoring application is not able to create Jira tcikets based on alerts. To bypass 2FA, we need a App password.
Ex:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/app-passwords-828781300.html
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en
This does not answer the question.
What are you expecting from an "app password", when Jira is built on users?
Using an app password I should be able to login to Jira using my username and 16 digit app password.
You'll need to look at the documentation for whatever you've used to enable 2 factor authentication on Jira.
Hello! I have the same question. For exampleI want ti integrate Jira with Intellij Idea for task management. This requires login with user\password, but it couldn't be done with 2fa. So "app password", that allows third-party apps login and communicate with Jira is what I need in that case.
It's the same answer as above - you will need to consult the docs for whatever your 2FA system is.
Is this what you are looking for?
https://id.atlassian.com/manage/api-tokens#
Are you trying to configure your jira with gmail?if so, the app password is a google thing. you'll have to go to your google account's security settings and generate an app password.see google's docs
I just tested something but failed, this issue is related.
Sadly per this article it only works on jira cloud: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/configure-gmail-imap-mail-servers-with-multi-factor-authentication-in-jira-965552856.html
Hi,
The API tokens for it not working after SSO is enable. Is this some bug from Atlassian or what, the tokens should work after Atlassian informed.
It worked after generating the correct API key
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.