We are using JIRA Cloud.
We cc the email addresss "jira@ourcompany.com" in emails to customers.
This GMail inbox is added as an incoming mail server using imap.gmail.com in JIRA.
We use a "Add a comment with the entire email body" mail handler to process emails in this inbox and add them as comments to the JIRA issue mentioned in the subject of the email.
For each email we sent we are getting 5 identical comments (1 min apart) added to the JIRA issue.
This used to work fine (only 1 email) but for the last couple of weeks we are getting increasing number of duplicate comments on our issues. I have checked the inbox and there is only one email, and it is marked as read once the first comment is added, however it continues to add comments.
I can't seem to get to the bottom of this, I have tried removing and adding a new mail handler but the problem persists.
Can anyone offer advice? Everyone is getting quite annoyed at all the extra comments getting added.