Ok so i was running 7.5.2 version and everything was working fine. The site told me it needed to update to 7.6.1. So i downloaded the installer, made a backup of the database and proceeded with the install. Immediately after the install, it prompts you to check out the plugins for updates. I did this and two plugins needed to be updated.
however i then tried to login to the site and i just get a blank page at the URL https://jira.DOMAIN.COM/plugins/servlet/samlsso?redirectTo=%2F
i was using a single sign on plugin, however it did not say that it needed an update. I rebooted the server and still nothing. We are just testing the system now, so its no big deal that its down for a bit, however i need to know 1) what i did wrong and 2) how do i fix this?
is there some way to load the site without the offending plugin? I checked the logs and besides some java errors nothing jumps out.
I thought these updates were a bit more turnkey than this. oh well. is there some kind of failsafe mode that i can get into the backend with? i did create local logins before enabling single sign on.