i.e. I want the site homepage to be:
https://connexusenergy.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/BATEAM/overview
instead of:
https://connexusenergy.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/BATEAM/overview?mode=global
so that the space shortcuts will display on the left.
Did you ever get a suggestion for this issue? I have the same problem with a hosted Confluence site. In our case, we want the page tree to automatically appear for our users.
Here we are in 2020 and no traction on this. My problem is that it never used to be like this. I edited our overview page and now *BAM*! that mode=global is showing up. I have ZERO clue why it's suddenly doing this, and I very badly want it gone. That left hand tree is critical navigation.
I would love for a confluence admin to weigh in and inform me what triggered this query parameter to start showing and how I can remove it.
If this is a permanent thing, I'm going to shop alternatives to Confluence.
If you "Star" the spaces, they will show up on the homepage under "Starred Spaces", which is just as good as the "Space Shortcuts" that was previously the default.
This is a horrible thing! Why would you leave the people going straight to your frontpage without a navigation bar? I totally agree that this should be at least configurable.
Oh, i thought this was some kind of new feature. Now i notice this was already reported back in 2017. :-( And no one knows why this happens, or if it affects only me or all users, or how to disable this?
found this:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Start-page-mode-global/qaq-p/975238
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-59247
No it is NOT as good.
All new users end up with issue that must require manual hack workaround
So, no. Not acceptable!
Hi, any thoughts on this - it really makes it much harder to work.
Commment/upvote here https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-59247
I guess a simple fix for this, would create a plugin/app/macro - a javascript snippet that removes this mode=globalI have no experience in creating this kind of plugin/app/macro but I'll look into it and get back.
If any experts has comments to this solution, please let me know.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.