Hello - I just added a new status and transition from Open (in total have 4 possible transitions) and now I have 2 Assign fields. How do I remove one?
I prefer to have everything in the workflow dropdown.
Hello, do you mean that you added your own Assign transition?
Yes - I wanted that as part of our workflow. To be able to get users used to working through the workflow instead of just hitting assign button all the time and bypassing the workflow.
Once someone hits Assign, they can assign a developer and the JIRA goes to Analysis status.
Try this one
If you want it removed for all users, then you can disable View ops bar assign link.
Oh ok will give that a go - confirming this will not affect Assign in transitions?
I have the same issue. its seems from the forums that the same question is asked at least once a year, but none of the solutions work for 2017 cloud based instance.
The posts I found all boil down to people having added their own assign options in some way or another, usually in the workflow.
yep, that is exactly what i am doing. essentially anyone can add an issue to the backlog, but the next transition is it gets assigned to a dev (as well as some time estimations and other things) which puts it in the dev's task list.
to be honest i am surprised that the assign button is there by default.
Wow that was a 'lil harsh wasn't it? Not sure where that comment went but someone had indicated that this was a bad process not to have the Assign button - guess my question is why would you build something outside a workflow in a workflow tool?? The purpose of a workflow is to minimize confusion and to ensure processes are followed so building a bod process is having other options where the user may become confused and that's what's happening. We don't want users to change assignments on the fly plus we want to have automation with different screens once a transition is selected. Can't do that on a Assign button.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.