Hi,
We have a strange behavior.
A user story with 3 subtasks. 2 subtasks are in done status and 1 is in progress.The problem is that the user story is in done while there is 1 subtask "in progress".
How change this ?
thanks
What do you mean by strange behaviour? User stories and subtasks by default do not have any relations in statuses. The story can be closed but sub tasks can be still open. If you want statuses of a story and its subtasks to be connected then you would need to add conditions or post functions. It depends on what you want and what plugins you have on your Jira instance.
You can use the "subtask blocking" workflow condition to prevent this from happenning.
Check out https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/preventing-issues-from-being-closed-while-their-sub-task-are-still-open-724928276.html
thanks.
Is it the best practice or is it best to stay with default behavior ?
I understand.
But The workflow behavior I want is : when I drag n drop 1 of my 3 substaks to "in progress" the story status (was in done) go to "in progress".
Did The conditions and post functions method permits this ?
I would say it is a best practice as it doesn't make sense to close a story when it still has subtasks in progress!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.