The issues with status "Done" and value "Done" aren't showing up on the board as crossed out. Any ideas what is wrong?
Hi Margarita,
The issue gets crossed out when a resolution is set for that issue (issue's 'Resolution' field is not empty). That said can you make sure that your issues with "Done" status have a resolution?
Cheers.
Hi Ivan,
Thank you for help. How would I check that?
- Rita
The issues are in 'Done" column and the "Done" column transition value configured as done. I don't know what is wrong still
Try this JQL:
status = "Done" and resolution is empty
This will return a list of issues with the "Done" status but no resolution set.
Thank you everyone for your help!
I contacted attlassian and below solved the issue:
"In your situation, I would recommend performing a Bulk Edit of the Resolution field for all of your tickets in the “Done” Status. You can perform that bulk edit to set the Resolution field from “Unresolved” to “Done”."
That's what I was getting at with
"You could also edit it into the issues, if you are *very* careful to only try this when you know your users won't be active."
The problem with that approach is that you have to put the resolution on the "edit" screen. But you must never put the resolution on the edit screen because it will cause all edits to resolve your issues. So you have to put it on-screen temporarily, while none of your users are active.
Thank you, Nic, I just wasn't sure on how exactly to do it, but now it makes it all clear.
Yes, sorry, I should have expanded on that before!
@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- @Ivan Tovbin I moved "Done" issues to another board and found that I had not included the "Resolution" field in any of them.
So I changed the scheme, and ensured that "Resolution" field is added to the field configuration scheme.
After doing this, I attempted a bulk edit, but the edit screen did not show me the Resolution field, so that I could change it from "Unresolved" to "Resolved'.
Is there any other way that I can mark them as "Resolved" without manual intervention? I have 300 odd tickets to update
TIA.
You were not offered the resolution on bulk edit because it is not on the edit screen. This is correct - you should never put it on an edit screen (if you do, all edited issues become resolved, which breaks everything)
But, as a temporary measure to fix up some data, you could add it, bulk edit, then remove it before anyone trashes your data with it.
I know this thread is old but just adding a URL that steps through the process of resolving this.
Best practices on using the "Resolution" field | Atlassian Cloud | Atlassian Documentation
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.