Hello everyone,
First of all let me provide some details about my setup:
- Jira Service Desk V 3.9.1
- Dedicated Server (no cloud hosting)
- Active Directory queried via LDAP on Win Server 2012 R2
- Service Desk Starter license (3 agents)
- If I missed something please ask 
I have an issue with granting all Active Directory users the right to submit a ticket via email automatically when they are created without manually adding them to another user group that the Default Domain Group. The group itself is syncing and appears under Users Administration, but the group remains empty.
I already tried the following without success:
- Created an AD grop "servicedeskusers" and added the member "Default Domain Users"
- Connected Service Desk to LDAP following these steps Connecting to an LDAP directory setting a default group "sd-users" and the "Update group membership on login" property to "Everytime, user is logging in". This resulted in creating the group but membership isn't updated (the user was not added to the group)
I am aware that there's an issue with JIRA and primary groups as I have found here (JRASERVER-29187) and here (CONFSERVER-6729), which relate to Confluence but seem to be similar. Although the suggested workaround dosen't work for me (or I do silly mistakes while configuring 
Any suggestions or howtos are appreciated.
Regards
Andy