Good afternoon,
So, probably like dozens before me, I have spent the morning trying to figure out how to limit a user's (or group's) access to a single project within Jira. So far, without success. I want to avoid having to change "everything" in our current setup, namely the default permissions, as I simply don't have the time to modify dozens of existing users and projects and permission schemes.
I have so far drilled down my issue to the fact that the default permission scheme seems to say that "any logged-in user" can browser projects, etc. As soon as I create a new group for my restricted users, and give this group "Application access" (which they obviously need to login), they do become "logged-in users" and thus have access to ALL of the projects.
Am I right by saying that there is no way around changing the default permission scheme to remove the "any logged-in user" part, and thus requiring me to create at least one group called "internal" or "employees" which will then again have the option to "browser projects" in order not to break stuff for current users?
If that's the case, I need to find another application to deal with our externals because I'm not going to wreck up everything that works otherwise very well 
Thanks