I changed a few issues to closed status (marked as green), but when I press on 'open issues' I see them in the list. I would like to see only the open and in progress ones.
Thank you.
Make sure that a resolution is set for issues in the Closed status. If resolution is not set, then Jira will treat them as open.
How do I add resolution? Only the assignee can add resolution?
You can
1. Add a screen on the transition to the closed status with the resolution field. In this case a user who will make the transition will set the resolution mannually.
2. Add the Update Issue Field post function on the transition to the closed status. In the post function set the resolution field to a suitable value. In this case the resolution will be set automatically
Hi,
I should do 1 and 2? or only one of them?
How do I do that? should I edit the workflow?
Thank you
Thank you, I did 2.
What about issues I have already closed? It doesn't update in retrospect?
No, they don't.
You can do the following:
1) Add a temporary transition in your workflow that leads from your 'Closed' status to your 'Closed' status, basically points to itself.
2) Add a post-function to this transition that sets a resolution.
3) Bulk edit the issues that are in 'Closed' status but have not resolution (you can use this JQL: status = Closed and resolution is empty). On the bulk edit screen select "Transition issues" and pick the transition you've just created.
4) After your issues are transitioned feel free to remove this transition from your workflow.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.