JIRA Server Version: v7.3.1
Portfolio Version: v2.7.0
Hey all,
First let me say that I'm new to Portfolio, so the odds that I've made a simple mistake are high. However, I've scoured the forums and while I've been able to find many with my problem, I haven't yet discovered an answer.
Last night I created my first plan in portfolio. 3 boards, 7 projects, 3 teams.
From the initial scope screen I was able to view all of my Epics, each appearing as unassigned to a parent initiative. So from this same screen, I created a handful of Initiatives and began assigning Epics to each of them.
This worked out great. I was able to see them in the hierarchy, on the timeline, in reports. All looked well and I went and committed my changes.
I take a look at it this morning again and all of my Initiatives are absent from the plan. The epics are still there, but theres no association with the Initiative. The Initiatives don't even appear in the Parent Initiative drop down box on the Epics.
However, the Initiatives do exist. And can be found with an open ended search. The same way you would find any issues in JIRA.
I'm at a loss as to why my Initiatives have left my plan. We don't do Releases yet, we don't do fix versions yet. So I'm wondering if there's some prerequisite that I'm missing. Anyone have any insight?