Hello, my goal is to send the issue-key in an e-mail when my warranty for my hardware expires?
Whats the syntax in the EMail template to send the key from the issue and how can i send custom fields?
Hello,
Write in email template
Your asset <% out << issue.key %> has no warranty.
Will try it! Thanks
It worked great! Can i put this asset into a link? When i click on it - it will display the issue?
Is this possible?
Try something like this
Your asset <a href="http://jiraurl/browse/><% out << issue.key %>"><% out << issue.key %><a/> has no warranty.
I used a slightly different approach that some may find useful. I defined the URL for the link as such:
<%def link = com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor.getApplicationProperties().getString("jira.baseurl") + "/browse/" + issue.key%>
and then referenced that variable in the email template as such:
<p>Please note that <a href="$link">$issue.key</a> has been canceled.</p>
Doing it this way allows easily moving the script between our dev/test/prod instances and always having the correct URL, and secondly, I find it cleaner to user $issue.key rather than <% out << issue.key %>
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.