I am in the process of moving an existing Confluence installation to have the users managed by crowd.
To avoid doing my testing in the production environment I've installed an evaluation Confluence where I planned to import two spaces and existing users.
However I've run into a "Set up step error" in the setup with seemingly no way to get out of it.
I got to the step "Load Content" and selected "Restore from backup" and tried to install the space I had exported from the existing Confluence, and was told that at this stage I could only import a complete backup.
And there was no abort button or back button and no way forward, so I tried the back button on the browser.
When I was back in "Load content" I tried pressing "Empty site" but was greeted with "Set up step error".
I tried back button in the browser again, and then "Example site" but got a "Set up step error" again.
Is there a way out of this other than scrubbing the installation and starting fresh?