How can I disable blogs for personal spaces only ?
Ian, the only way I can think of to do that would be by going space by space and removing the add blog and admin permissions from the creators of the spaces. (Admin permission would allow them to grant themselves the blog permission again)
Confluence lets you configure default group permissions (Confluence Admin>Space Permissions) that will be applied to newly created spaces, and this applies to personal spaces, but there isn't a permission template for the creators of personal spaces. It is assumed that they should be able to use that space freely.
Is there anything in particular you want to avoid by not having blogs in personal spaces? Maybe we can help with a different approach.
Thank you @AnnWorley for you reply....now going space by space is tedious since we have 1000+ users and we want to avoid personal spaces having blogs since we have a workflow which prohibits creation of personal blogs as the blogs created needs to be approved before being published.
Today I learned that I cannot edit the personal space owner's space permissions as an admin. I tested on Confluence 6.5.2 but apparently this has been the case for quite a while: Administrators cannot modify permissions for a personal space's owner
Nor could I find a plugin in the Atlassian Marketplace to achieve this.
You might consider removing the "Personal Space" Global permission for all the users that need to have their blogs approved.
@AnnWorley Thanks for your suggestion.
The problem will be the personal blogs that still exist and we cannot disable the whole personal space.
(i)To hide the blog item from the menu item dialog box I used the following css:
li[data-item-module-complete-key*="create-blog-post"] {display: none !important;}
(ii)To create the blog button I did it as follows using javascript:
1.Get the space key since it will be needed in the blog url:
var spacekey = $('meta[name=confluence-space-key]').attr("content");
var blogurl = '/pages/createblogpost.action?spaceKey=' + spacekey;
2.To create the button:
var $bt = $('<a>').attr({name:'Blog Post',title:'Blog Post',href:blogurl,class:'aui-button aui-button-primary aui-style newsbt'}).text('Create News');
3.Make the button appear next to the create button in the navigation:
$('#quick-create-page-button').after($bt);
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.