Is there a way to set the Assignee field as 'Unassigned' instead of 'Automatic' when creating a task or a bug?
As at now I have set Default assignee to Unassigned instead of Project lead, but still all the new tasks and bugs that are created are assigned to Project Lead by default.
http://jira-user.atlassian.narkive.com/Sd5Ivaiz/assignee-field-unassigned-by-default-instead-of-automatic
As per the above thread, my settings are correct and it should work in the way I expect, But it is actually NOT!
Can someone help me resolve this?
Hi,
you can set the assignee in your workflow. Click the create transition and navigate to its post functions. Then add a new post function with the type "update issue field" and choose "assignee" with the field value "unassigned".
This should work.
Thanks a lot! I tried this, but still doesn't work. I added a post function and then created a test task to check this. It still getting assigned to project lead. Did I miss any step?
Maybe you need to change your dafault assignee under Project Settings > Users and Roles. At the top you will find your default settings.
Edit: Sorry, you said you already did that.
Have you tried to change the default assigne for the components?
Not sure why you're looking at threads a decade old, but I'd recommend not bothering from now on.
The current behaviour is that you set a default assignee in the project settings. This can be project lead, unassigned, or component lead (or the odd case of "project default).
When you create an issue, the assignee defaults to "automatic", which is the setting for "read project setup"
If they are not relevant then purge them.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.