HI,
I wrote an internal integration between Jira Software and Workfront, it automatically creates tasks and issues within workfront and updates the time when logged via Jira Software. Single entry point for users.
I'm extending that to work with our new (in testing)Jira Service Desk, our API user is a Jira Software user but not a Service Desk agent. I'm able to create the issue in workfront, I'm able to update the service desk issue with comments that it has been created.
However when I try and update a custom field in Jira Service desk I get this error.
[errors] => Array
(
[customfield_11502] => Field 'customfield_11502' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown.
[customfield_10701] => Field 'customfield_10701' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown.
)
The custom fields are on the correct screens, I need to update one with the id of the issue in workfront and one with the link to the issue in workfront.
If this because the API user is not an agent, I don't want add to the service desk agent license just to update a custom field.
Secondly, other than using the project key, is there any flag through webhooks that indicates that an issue is service desk or software so I can handle them differently.
Thanks