Hi everyone,
This is a licensing question: it appears that Atlassian does not distinguish between an agent and reporter when it comes to Jira licensing. Everyone counts towards the total license entitlement.
My environment is this: 3 agents and potentially hundred reporters. By reporters I use Atlassian's definition - a human who raises an issue but otherwise has no biz with Jira or the back end in any way.
I know that I can setup a project to allow anonymous creation of issues but then I must be missing something - what would justify the cost of counting those reporters as paid users? Just the ability to go back; login and see their issues (I get that an anonymous reporter will never be able to see the issue they've just created)?
Not to say that the limitation just described above isn't significant but still there must be some other value added thing I am missing here?
Alternatively is there a licensing model where one pays for the agents but NOT for the reporters? I mean how can you budget rationally if you don't even know the ultimate population of your potential reporters, not to mention the dollar cost of such arrangement.
Thanks
~B