I am trying to connect a new instance of Fisheye 2.10.2 to JIRA 5.2. Both of these servers have an HTTPS reverse proxy in front of them like this:
Fisheye: https://intranet.example.com/source
JIRA: https://intranet.example.com/issues
Yes, it is a self-signed certificate, but I've used keytool to add the root CA cert to the key store on both servers and have tested it via Java SSLPoke to make sure everythings works. In fact, both of these servers use the same certificate to successfully get to our LDAPS server. So I don't think it is a cert issue.
However, the reverse proxy server (intranet.example.com) also uses HTTP Basic authentication. We have created a user specifically for these two systems to communicate and have also tested logging in via that user/password via the "lynx" command line browser to ensure there are no firewall issues.
I've followed the procedure to link the applications starting on the Fisheye side. When I initially create the link in Fisheye using the "https://intranet.example.com/issues" URL it tells me that it can't recognize what type of server that is and I have to tell it manually that it is a JIRA server. That seemed wrong to me right off the bat, but at the same time unless it also asks me for basic authentication credentials (which it doesnt), I don't know how it could even reach that server. So I save the application link anyway and later configured the basic auth credentials under "outgoing authentication" -- but still is reports that the server seems offline.
Any help is greatly appreciated.