We have a team of members that have worked pretty happily for many months. Then, a week ago, or so, some members lost access to all repos, even though they were still in the same access groups (i.e., nothing had changed in the privilege scheme). The members who suddenly lost access (although they were listed in the users and groups) were folks who had originally created alternative identities. So, instead of an identity of jsmith (jsmith@corporatedomain.com), they had created jimsmith_dev, for example.
In some cases, fixing the problem was pretty simple, I just put their identity back into the users and groups (to continue my example) as jsmith, and everything went fine. However, some folks couldn't use their email ID, for example, "jsmith" because another individual already existed somewhere in the Atlassian cloud, James Smith, already in the system as jsmith.
Even if I drop the user jimsmith_dev and add him back, it doesn't help, and I can't add him as jsmith, because another already exists.
Users in this system are logging with username and password, not with LDAP.
Anyone have a ghost of a clue what might be happening?
Thanks.