What timezone should be used for multiple calendars in Alaska? There is no Alaskan Timezone option. Please assist.
Hi JP,
When I first installed Team Calendars just now, I did notice that I wasn't able to find many timezones that are usually an option for users in Confluence.
I created a bug ticket for that:
My recommendation would be to ensure your profile timezone is set correctly, and when creating new calendars, you can select the desired timezone. I was able to find the city of Juneau there as well as a few Hawaiian ones that were also missing from the list, so you should be able to find the timezone you need there.
Can you give that a try and let me know if you have any trouble?
Kind regards,
Shannon
Hi Shannon. That did not work... Do you know how long this ticket will take? Unfortunately, we have a lot of people in Alaska right now confused about the timezone on the team calendars. It's creating quite a frenzy.
Bug tickets can take some time depending on the number of users encountering the problem and other issues that may have higher priorities. You can read more about this at our Bug Fixing Policy, if you are interested.
However, the workaround I let you know about should let you set the timezone for your new calendars. What about it specifically didn't work? Let's start there.
Regards,
Hi Shannon,
1) I changed my user profile to the Alaska Time zone.
First question: Is there a way to do this for the entire site? We can't really ask all 50 or so users to update their timezone, especially when some are still learning the system. There should be a system default.
2) Changing that time zone still did not fix how the calendar exports itself. It is still one hour off on our personal calendars. So changing the user profile time did not fix the problem.
We need another work around that is a global solution.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.