I am trying to setup a trial UserVoice HelpDesk interface to JIRA using Go2Group's add-on. The documentation states this prereq clearly:
"Make sure "Allow unassigned issues" is switched on in JIRA General Configuration"
That is obviously not acceptable as a global setting. All our JIRA issues have to be assigned to some person. Not doing this results in no sync and errors like the one below in the log:
2014-03-14 14:06:45,872 QuartzScheduler_Worker-0 INFO georgec com.go2group.services.UserVoiceServiceImpl:job [jira.issue.fields.AssigneeSystemField] Validation error: Issues must be assigned
I have default assignees for all the projects. But I was wondering if there was some way to setup a global assignee to see if it would satisfy the requirement. I am very uncomfortable lifting the assignment requirement globally.
The only other idea I can think of is to edit every step of every transition in every workflow to make the assignee required.
I have, of course, contacted the Go2Group support folks, who are researching.
Anyone here have any other ideas?