I inherited an older version of Confluence Server 3.5. After a server reboot, the Confluence login page does not display. Instead, it's giving a 404 Apache Tomcat error.
Thank you for your suggestions Ann and Peter. Looks like I've got it worked out.
Turned out there was a redundant reference to an AD server in the Userconfig xml. After removing the second entry, I was able to restart the service to get it going again. I also had to reapply the redirector dll in IIS.
@It Dept, check to make sure Tomcat is indeed running. Are you running a proxy for Confluence? If it's on the same server that may be the issue too.
.pd
As far as I can see, there is only one service related to Tomcat called "Apache Tomcat Confluence" and it is running. I don't believe there is a proxy for it.
OK, that's the right service.
A few troubleshooting thoughts:
Please check the logs at:<confluence_install>/logs/ (anything recent in this directory)<confluence_home>/logs/atlassian-confluence.logNote: The <confluence_home> directory is the path defined in the following file: <confluence_install>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties
Find today's startup and scroll down the log until you find an ERROR message. If the message isn't obvious, please post it here so we can help.
If you are running Windows, you might try this to isolate the issue:
If you can access Confluence when starting with the batch file then the service may be the culprit.
No access to Confluence from the server. Localhost is set to the loopback address.
Errors I see in the log are...
2017-12-05 16:14:37,862 ERROR [Thread-1] [ContainerBase.[Standalone].[localhost].[/confluence]] log Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class com.atlassian.confluence.upgrade.UpgradeLauncherServletContextListenerjava.lang.NullPointerExceptionat com.atlassian.spring.container.ContainerManager.getComponent(ContainerManager.java:32)at com.atlassian.confluence.upgrade.UpgradeLauncherServletContextListener.contextInitialized(UpgradeLauncherServletContextListener.java:24)at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3972)at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4467)at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:785)at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443)at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:519)at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:710)at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:581)at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:289)at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:414)2017-12-05 16:14:37,862 ERROR [Thread-1] [apache.catalina.core.StandardContext] log Error listenerStart2017-12-05 16:14:37,862 ERROR [Thread-1] [apache.catalina.core.StandardContext] log Context [/confluence] startup failed due to previous errors
There wasn't a start-confluence.bat, but there is a start.bat. Maybe they had it named this way because it's an older version.
Thanks for stopping back and adding your solution
I cannnot log in confluence 6.0.1 after restart server
This localhost page can’t be found
HTTP ERROR 404
I find log
12-Jun-2018 14:42:02.676 WARNING [ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Standalone]]] org.apache.catalina.valves.StuckThreadDetectionValve.notifyStuckThreadDetected Thread "http-nio-8798-exec-5" (id=173) has been active for 61,243 milliseconds (since 6/12/18 2:41 PM) to serve the same request for
Please help me. Thanks
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.