Good morning,
I'm a new user and I’m evaluating JIRA ServiceDesk without any previous experience on JIRA, I’ve spent some time in the past month reading JIRA manuals and watching training videos on the web but I still have some questions that I need some help.
I’ve already created a project and work on it for test, but I need to change settings because as JIRA works at the time is not covering exactly our needs.
I need some guidance on best practices on how exactly I should build the configuration for our team.
We have 2 teams, the 1st team of 10 members for a specific major Application support (and only interacts with CoreIT only for a few issues) and a 2nd for the Core-IT team with 15 members which lets say are 5-Helpdesk, 5-SYSAdmins, 1 Project manager, 2 DB Admins, 2 Network Admins.
I can understand that I could create several Queues, one for every team, but this could be difficult for setting the JQL queries to have too many entries.
Is it somehow possible to automatically be directed to a specific Queue or whatever for every type of Request I create in the customer portal???
In our old Servicedesk application (HPSM) we had created only 5 teams with its members inside, a user could create a request and if for example I was for a software installation request it was auto directed to the Helpdesk team, if a member of Helpdesk team choose to solve it, but needed an escalation, he could escalate this issue to the network team for example without assigning it to specific person.
Should I setup 1 project with all of us in it? How should I set the sub teams, as components for example and then ho to set the issues auto directed to them.
Should I create 1 project for each Subteam and then hope (then I could probably have problem with how the customer portal looks like)
Am I missing something???
I currently have them all in the same project but cannot separate the type of issues to be auto directed to these teams.
I havn’t found yet a video of what the idea I need to setup, usually there a specific flow, one bucket of issues for everything and everyone and they use a 1st level support agent who assigns the issues to different people…. This is not what we want to do.
Any help? Any ideas?
Thanks in advance