Scenario:
I have a cascading field is to store about 50-60 child values consisted of acronyms. I would like it so that when you hover over each option, a short description shows up and tell you what the option is.
Setup:
- Cascading CF Name: Cascading Field
- Cascading CF ID: 10300
- Cascading CF Parent Value ID: 10300
- Cascading CF Child Value IDs: 10302, 10303, 10304
What I've tried:
Using Browser Development Tools, I've been able to get the look in IE/Firefox with the following code:
<select class="select cascadingselect-child" id="customfield_10300:1" name="customfield_10300:1">
<option class="option-group-10300" value="">None</option>
<option class="option-group-10300" value="10302" title="KOMM Short Description">KOMM</option>
<option class="option-group-10300" value="10303">FEDREC</option>
<option class="option-group-10300" value="10304">PMP</option>
</select>

However, the expected changes do not take place when I put that code into the Description of the Cascading CF. How can I get JIRA to recognize the simple code online? Has anyone had any experience with this or have a better approach to accomplish this? I'd really appreciate any feedback... Thank you