After a failed space XML import, I want to increase the open file descriptors limit of the Confluence user, as suggested on this Atlassian KB:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/xml-import-failed-with-too-many-open-files-error-200704392.html
and on this:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/health-check-confluence-open-files-limit-844236751.html
However, there are no instructions where exactly to insert the value - "ulimit -n 10000" - in the file.
Can anyone tell me how it should be done?
Thanks!
Anywhere you know the line will be executed.
setenv.sh is a script that varies by install and settings by site, so they can't just give you a copy, they are relying on you having a basic understanding of scripts
Most simple place - insert it into the first empty lines at the top of the file.
I've already tried just inserting it in the first empty line, but it didn't work out. That's why I thought it has to be inserted in a specific way.
I tried it again now , and this time, on restarting the service, noticed this message:
"/opt/atlassian/confluence/bin/setenv.sh: line 2: ulimit: open files: cannot modify limit: Operation not permitted"
I searched this message, and it figures I have to set the limit for confluence user also on /etc/security/limits.conf .
I might've tried it before, unless it's said everywhere those settings (on /etc/security/limits.conf) are not for system services. (is that related to the service process gets its limit from its parent process?)
Anyway - thanks - you helped me solve the issue.
It relates to the user the process is running as.
If your application is running as the user "atlassian", then you need to add "atlassian" to /etc/security/limits.conf
Hi @Lars Olav Velle any restarts needed after the changes of /etc/security/limits.conf ?
Thanks in advance!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.