Hi! Just noticed the undo/redo option for the updated version is no longer available. I accidentally removed an info and the last version allows me to undo/redo everything. Can anyone help me please?
Thank you!
Hi Kristine,
Are you referring to the editor on Confluence Cloud?
The undo/redo buttons are only removed from the toolbar, but you can still use the classic shortcuts on your computer, such as:
These will work provided you haven't saved the page yet.
Otherwise, you can revert to your previous version. See Page Versions and History for more information on that.
Finally, I created a feature request in order to return the buttons, since it turns out many users were not familiar with the built-in shortcuts and found the buttons to be easier. Please feel free to vote on the below request and watch it for any updates:
Kind regards,
Shannon
Undo / Redo keyboard commands are no longer working for me.
Hi Andrew,
On the linked feature request above, there's a bug we created for users who are not able to use the keyboard shortcuts for some reason. I'm not sure if you saw it:
Please feel free to comment on that case with your exact specifications so we can understand what is causing the issue exactly.
Regards,
WHY WHY WHY?! remove a feature that was previously there?!
Not having an undo option is almost driving me to use Microsoft OneDrive instead of confluence, which is saying a lot. I just accidentally deleted a massive amount of work, but not massive enough for me to revert back because I did even more prior to that. I HIGHLY suggest returning undo and putting it on the roadmap, not just a consideration.
I just did the same, please Atlassian add this feature, its especially risky when editing with multiple people at one time on a page !
Wow, Atlassian? Really?
Ohh I thought there was a change using another shortcut....but no! it has been removed! what's this? please add this asap!
I am baffled why there is no undo/redo button. I just accidentally deleted half a page and control Z did not work. Frustrating to say the least. This issue seems to have been going on for 3 years now and I don't think you will fix it.
Hi Shannon,
The same happened to me yesterday and I lost a whole chapter I had written on the page. I am not used to work with a lot of shortcut and I wonder why such an important functionality should be hidden.
Thanks for fixing the problem.
Regards
Hi again
Reading this chain of messages I notice that this issue is being reported by many users since 2017. It is somehow ridiculous to take it "under consideration" for such a long time and not do anything about it. This is not really what I call User Friendly.
Extremely annoying to degrade on this functionality. Considering to move away from Altassian to google tools
Dear Atlassian,
Just lost half my Confluence page and an hour of work. Karma will repay you.
Sincerely,me
How is this not a feature in 2021?
I am about to start the THIRD time to write a documentation because there is NO UNDO BUTTON!!!!!!
It is unbelievable!
For 3 years, you are only discussing this matter. Seriously?
Please, we need this implemented. Not ASAP, but as yesterday as possible.
Command-Z not working on up to date Mac on up to date Chrome. Sorry, collaborator - I just deleted what you wrote and can't restore it without losing my whole editing session.
Undo capabilities still missing....
Hey hey! me too still having problems with this in IOS- Safari... This is a terrible problem! Please FIX
2022 - iMac 12.4
Chrome browser with no extensions.
CMD Z Does NOT work! Lost a ton of edits. What is the deal? How can anyone get anything done in this app?
I accidentally selected my whole document with something else and immediately the undo button got disable and Control + Z does nothing. I had to revert back to the latest published version and lost a day of work!!!!
I found a work around of sorts, but you lose everything, at least it is something though. Same for me Ctrl+Z does not work, and when I chose close, Confluence cloud still saved the changes. Really poor form for Atlassian to remove the undo, redo buttons, ridiculous really. I digress, at the bottom right at the three dots, next to Publish, Close buttons, ... , click the three dots and choose "Revert to last published version" . This at least allows you to cancel the update, as close still saves what you want to undo.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.