I am somewhat a newbie to using Apple and I am stymied on their stupid keychain. I am in command prompt and trying to do a 'git pull' with by bitbucket account. I then get a prompt that says 'Password for 'https://myemail@bitbucket.org': and there is a little key icon next to it.
Nothing I do with the key icon works. I am not allowed to enter a password at all. If I just hit enter (assuming the Keychain will fill in the correct password), I get the following:
remote:Empty password
Fatal:Authentication failed for 'https://myemail@bitbucket.org/file_I_orginally set up
What am I doing wrong?
Hi Tony,
Could you follow this instruction
https://blog.elao.com/en/tech/ssh-agent-does-not-automatically-load-passphrases-on-the-osx-sierra-keychain/
In fact, better way is use ssh key.
Just upload your public key to bitbucket.
Hence you can clone under ssh protocol.
Please, use doc:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/set-up-an-ssh-key-728138079.html#SetupanSSHkey-Step3.AddthepublickeytoyourBitbucketsettings
Hope it helps.
Cheers,
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Great directions. I established the SSH key with bitbucket. Problem now is the Microsoft keychain- If I pull up keychain and find the bitbucket access, which password am I putting in there? The public key that I generated in the terminal?
When I put the public key for bitbucket into my IOS keychain, then go to the terminal and do a 'git push', I still get a password request with a little key icon in terminal. When I hit 'enter', I get
remote: Empty password
fatal:Authentication failed for 'http://xxxx@bitbucket.org/other file-stuff.git/'
What am I missing for the SSH access and IOS Keychain?
You're asking about SSH access but providing details on an HTTP failure. You'll either need to update your remote to use SSH (`git remote set-url origin git@bitbucket.org:owner/repo.git`) or fix your HTTPS URL (as found on the repo overview page; should be something like `https://username@bitbucket.org/owner/repo.git` where "username" is *not* the same as your email address).
It's also possible that, since you're providing an HTTP address and not an HTTPS one, Bitbucket is redirecting you, but your git client is misinterpreting the redirection as a failure. Better to copy and paste the URL from the repo overview, since it will be formatted properly.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.