I have several dummy users set up in Jira, which are each linked to a distribution list email id. When an issue is created the notification must go to the reporter, assignee and watchers.
The notifications, permissions and project roles are perfectly set up and checked multiple times for any missing links. I also verified that JIRA is successfully sending mails to all of these distribution lists when I use the "Send email" (Administration> System> Outgoing Mail> Send Email) feature. I also inspected the Mail Queue under Administration > Mail Queue and verified that it is empty. I have also verified that notifications for the concerned project are going successfully to the expected stakeholders when the reporter, assignee or watcher is a user linked with individual email id (as opposed to a distribution list). I have also ensured that these dummy users have logged in to the application once and verified that their login count is greater than 0.
Can someone please help me figure out why the notifications are still not going to the distribution lists alone?