I need to setup a project that works this way
Email which is a mailing list
Lots of users (with a jira account and without one) send emails to that account
With an incoming email and mail handler setup I create issues from those emails.
In the mail handler i've setup that i want JIRA to create users automatically
Here is where the problems start
I had to give the group "jira-users" permissions to create issues. But this opens the project to every user in JIRA, have they created issues in there or not. This might not be such a problem.
The other issue that we are having is that. We want the members of the project to solve the issue created from the email and the Notification scheme to send an email to the reporter.
The only way to do this is giving permissions to BROWSE project to "reporter" or to "jira-users" group?
I dont want them to be able to see the project, i only want them to receive an email when the assignee solves the isue
I've been searching for a way to do this, even with plugins but i havent been able to