I am trying to connect Confluence (6.3) to an Active Directory Primary Domain Controller (PDC) provided by Samba 4 as a user directory.
This is a simple small office setup, but I am unable to get it to work.
I selected 'Active Directory' provided a host name, did not select SSL (since no certificate would be in use) and provided a base dsn (dc=xxx,dc=lan).
The quick test is green, but the next test returns "LDAP: error code 1 - 00002020: Operation unavailable without authentication". I guess I need to also provide a user.
Also configuring an admin account results in the quick test failing with "LDAP: error code 8 - BindSimple: Transport encryption required". I could not find any info on this, other than an old JIRA ticket (JRASERVER-24106) recommending to use either SSL (not possible, results in SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: No name matching xxxx found) or reconfigure LDAP Server Signing Requirements in AD.
Other than that, there is no info. Is something wrong with my setup or my AD/Samba 4? Is this normally supposed to work?