We receive new issues from both end-users and developers in our Jira (Cloud). When end-users create issues, I want them to go into the Triage state (from where a developer can place them into Backlog or Not to be Fixed). When a developer creates an issue, however, I want it to go straight to Backlog.
I want both end-users and developers to be able to create the same types of issues. I do not want to create separate workflows for different issue types.
I've investigated having the "Create" workflow transition go to a different starting state based on group membership, but this doesn't seem possible. I would also be OK with showing different "Create Issue" fields based on group memberships (so that a developer can choose the starting state of Backlog, but an end-user cannot), but this doesn't seem possible either.
I am not interested in Marketplace add-ons, I am looking for an out-of-the-box Jira solution.
What are possible solutions to this problem? Thank you.