Hi,
we have an issue with backup boards to database. After restoring xml files all tables are creating, complementing but tables with boards and sprints are empty.
We are migrating from PostgreSQL - 9.5.6 to MSSQL 2012 on Azure.
Let me describe the whole process which I used.
So our company decided to migrate to mssql. On our production server we have JIRA 7.3.0 but we want to use the newest version. So i copied our production server and i upgraded to newest version. Next I copied attachments, indexes and plugins to our new VM. Then I made restore. Then I started new VM.
First issue that i see after connecting to new db is issue due to collation error. You are recommending to use Latin1_General_CI_AI so we choose this collation but after fist jira initializiation there was an error with suggestion to use SQL_Latin1_General_CI_AI but on Azure we cant choose these collation, only Latin1_General_CI_AI.
After these i made backup from zip file but boards didnt restore. I was getting java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported field encountered: binary but after restarting server the error dissapeared. Then i made indexing.
Summarazing the whole things. Tables for boards, i.e AO_60DB71_RAPIDVIEW are still empty.
I used your instructions on attlassian sites but there are not helpful for me.
Any ideas how to fix that issue?