Hello,
We have a JIRA service desk and software configured for internal and external access. Our company users login to https://support.COMPANY.com/, which autoredirects to https://support.COMPANY.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa which is fine, however when our external users visit the same address https://support.COMPANY.com/ they also get redirected to this Dashboard.jspa.
But when they try and create an account, they get an Error that we have too many users (in our JIRA Service Desk we are at the limit).
Is there a way for the https://support.COMPANY.com address to redirect to the portal page for them? (https://support.COMPANY.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/1)
I'm able to redirect the http://support.COMPANY.com/ to the correct https address, but can't figure out the internals of JIRA to redirect to the correct page.
Thanks,
Brandon
Hmm.. What you describe should be the default behaviour.
When I log into JIRA with my company user I get logged into https://issues.example.com
If i log out and back in with a JIRA user without permission to JIRA i get redirected to https://issues.example.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/1
Make sure that your service desk customers does not have access to JIRA. Check default permissions etc.
Lars,
Thanks for the response. It does work properly if they have an existing login to the site. It redirects to the appropriate end page.
The issue comes in when they don't have an account and the signup links appear to work differently between the login.jsp and the customer/portal/1 pages.
That's where my difficulty comes in. I can't get the support.COMPANY.com address to force everyone's default login page to use the customer/portal/1 page.
As far as I can remember and tell from looking at the site, I haven't changed any default permissions and the settings are pretty much default.
There is no licence limit on customers in jira service desk.
If a user has JIRA (not service desk) permission, then that person will not get the redirect to service desk.
Find a user that has this issue and note his group membership.If he has jira-users or jira-software-users permission, try removing the group membership.
Sorry I must not be making myself clear.
These are users that do not have an account
They come to the site and since the page that opens is the dashboard or even the login.jsp the signup link won't allow them to create an account.
If they manually go to the customer/portal/1 page the signup link lets them create a customer account.
How do I default unauthenticated users to go to the customer/portal/1 site instead of login.jsp.
Brandon, did you find a solution to this? I am facing a very similar problem with user not being able to get to the Portal and being redirected to the Dashboard.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/Service-Desk-appends-secure-Dashboard-jspa-to-end-of-url/qaq-p/1166251
Tim
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.