Hi! I'm trying to figure out if I can create a custom notification that tells the Project Lead or Admin when there is an unassigned ticket/story. Has anyone accomplished this? Thank you!
Hi David,
I would create a filter with that JQL for that:
project = XXX and assignee is empty
Save this filter and create a subscription for that on the page
http://<your jira url>/secure/ManageFilters.jspa
If you create a group first with the admins and project lead, you could use that group as recipient for the subscription.
Hello Thomas,
I like the subscription idea, however I am not sure I get it to fit my specific need. I need to notify a group when a new unassigned task/issue is created one time. Any other thoughts? Thank you in advance,
Shaun
@Shaun Smith - I think the shortest time interval for a subscription email is 15 minutes. So you get an email 15 minutes at the latest from creation.
Thomas, Thank you for the quick reply! Is there a way to restrict the subscription to only send an email once (every 15 mins) IF a new issue is added to the filter? In other words, I don't want an email every 15 mins with the same content, only when new content (issue(s)) is added.
Thanks again,
yes, that's the default setting. If there's no issue, there's no email.
In this case, I would change the filter to
project = XXX and assignee is empty and created >= -15m
So you get only the issues created within the last 15 minutes.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.