I need some help with a very annoying problem.
My company uses the Atlassian stack: JIRA, Bitbucker, Confluence and Crowd. We got all of them in one remote server. To log into the applications we use Nginx.
So the problem is:
Often (one time per two days) all the atlassian applications stop working. It's really strange, when I try to log into JIRA it says 'Server internal error', on other applications (BB, Crowd and Conf) I got an error that Nginx didn't find any applications under proxy. I'm really confused about this issue. For now I solve it by restarting all applications (there are scripts inside the application to restart it (stop and start)), then I reboot the PC and restart Nginx. Sometimes the applications are up after first reboot, sometimes after third or even fourth reboot. It's very annoying. Nginx is not a problem, because other applications like nexus are working. On my remote server I use ubuntu 16.04.
My questions are:
- Is there any procedure to check health of the applications?
- Why do these applications stop working and crash so often?
- Is there any good practice to manage this problem?
Cheers