Hi,
What is the best way to adress user stories to an EPIC :
1. use linked issues and choose a link : eg. "Story 1 implements EPIC A - Story 2 implements EPIC A..."
or
2. use the EPIC LINK of each user story.
thanks
Hi
The Epic link is there for that purpose so it's probably better to use it. It also gives you the functionality in JQL to use
"Epic Link" = key
which will find all issues linked to that Epic
Use Epic Link. So you can also utilise it on Agile boards. Can use it for sorting issues based Epic on Scrum or Kanban board. Also very convenient to see the overview of the issues in particular Epic on board view.
When creating an Issue from Confluence, whenever I choose a User Story from the drop down list, I don't get a choice to add an Epic Link or Name. How do I fix this? Can it be fixed?
Hi Jose
I'm not completely sure of this answer, but it looks as though it is only showing mandatory fields, so if you want it to show the Epic Link, you'll need to make it mandatory.
But ... this is going to be a nuisance for you, because then every time you create a story, you will need to link it to an Epic, which I would imagine you don't want to do.
Thanks, going to test it out and see if that works.
No, it didn't work. Setting up Epic Link as mandatory is still not showing up on my pop up window.
Any other ideas?
Any other ideas or thoughts?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.