I want to run my (selenium) tests in parallel so that I can run the same tests against different browsers. How would I accomplish that?
Hi Jim, do you mean running Selenium inside Bitbucket Pipelines? This is possible and in fact we test bitbucket pipelines itself in this way. This would be considered an advanced setup and there's not a lot of documentation around it.
For the best experience, we'd recommend using one of our partners like Browserstack; they even have a repo ready to go https://bitbucket.org/browserstack/bitbucket-pipelines.
Hope that helps!
Ana
Hi @Ana Retamal!
Thanks for replying.
Actually, so are we - but we use SauceLabs.
But what I want to do is to be able to kick off concurrent runs, like so (in pseudo code):
Run tests on SauceLabs against Firefox
Run tests on SauceLabs against Chrome
Those two steps should happen concurrently, instead of in sequence. Mainly to save time.
I can solve it using a script and spawning child-processes, but it would be a better solution if the pipelines supported it (like for instance GOCD does).
Hope that makes my question clearer.
Cheers
Hi Jim! I've talked to one of my colleagues from the Pipelines team and he told me that, currently, we have no built in support for running tests in parallel. We have a Feature request for that and you can vote for it at Allow optional concurrent parallel script.
Let us know if you have any other questions
Regards,
@TheRealJimbo
Try to check https://bitbucket.org/blog/speed-build-parallel-steps-pipelines
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.