Is there something that Project Administrator can do, but Jira Administrator can not do on the project?
Hey Duje,
For Project Admins, and especially after 7.3, they have a lot more ability to administer a project.
Permission to administer a project in JIRA. This includes the ability to edit a project's workflow under certain conditions, andto edit project role membership, project components, project versions, and some project details ('Project Name', 'URL', 'Project Lead', 'Project Description').
The JIRA Admin can basically do everything on a JIRA Instance.
Hope this helps.
Thanks,Martin
Thanks for your answer Martin, however I am aware of the things project admin can do. I am searching explicitly for something a Project Admin can do what Jira Admin can not.
There is nothing a Project Admin can do that a JIRA Admin can't. JIRA Admins have full permissions in the entire system, including projects. So to answer your question, no, there's nothing the Project Admin can do that the JIRA Admin can't. Configuration wise, there's nothing. We could change visibility of things for the Admin not to see certain issues.
If the project admin changes the permission of the "Browse Project" within the Permission Scheme, the JIRA System Administrator won't be able to see issues of this project, but we'll be able to access the permission scheme and change according to your preferences.
Let us know if this has clarified your doubts.
Thank you for the answer once again! I am aware of the things you have stated, that is why I didn't know the answer to the question and was hoping to find out something I was not aware of before. However I am pretty sure it was the question in my exam, and only possible solution was asking as I am unable to find anything that could satisfy the question. Could it be a mistake???
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.