Hello all,
I um currently developing a plugin for Confluence which will enable/disable Blueprints for a specific space through the Confluence Java API.
I reviewed the online technical Java doc but was unable to find how to achieve my goal.
Has anyone run into this challenge before?
Thanks a lot
Hi Nicolas,
We have a feature request to create the Javadocs for Blueprint API here, as we don't yet have that:
I am not aware of a way to do specifically what you request, but you could add your Blueprint as a promoted Blueprint using the following procedure:
I hope this helps.
Kind regards,
Shannon
Hello @Shannon S,
Thank you for your reply. I watch this issue now.
There is actually a way to enable/disable Blueprints for a space with the help of the Confluence REST API:
curl -u admin:admin -X PUT http://server:port/rest/create-dialog/1.0/modules/883d16f5-6eaa-46db-9201-54a1eb9cfcac?spaceKey=VS
curl -u admin:admin -X DELETE http://server:port/rest/create-dialog/1.0/modules/883d16f5-6eaa-46db-9201-54a1eb9cfcac?spaceKey=VS
In the example above, admin is the user (with password "admin"),http://server:port/ is the instance base URL, VS is the Space key and 883d16f5-6eaa-46db-9201-54a1eb9cfcac is the Template ID - which can be found on the "UUID" column of the "AO_54C900_CONTENT_BLUEPRINT_AO" table in Confluence database.
(I got this hint from the Atlassian support team by the way)
However, I would rather use the Java classes instead of a REST call as it is required to authenticate first.
I was aware of the way via REST API, but not specifically of Java API, as it's not documented anywhere.
Hopefully someone will see this that knows if there is a way to do so, but what I'm hearing from the Confluence Server team is that it may not be possible.
If you do determine the way to do it, since it's undocumented, please let us know here in case any other users have the same issue.
What developpers would need for this case is access to the BlueprintStateController (com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.createcontent.BlueprintStateController) if possible. This class does exactly the job but is not available for injection
Did you eventually managed to bypass this limitation ?
Yes I did, but it's rather a dirty hack. I copy/pasted some code in the BlueprintStateController and some other classes down the line. Basically it's "just" a matter of pushing values in bandana
{code}
private void enableBlueprint(UUID blueprintId, Space space, String bandanaKey) {if(blueprintId == null) {throw new IllegalArgumentException("Blueprint UUID is required."); } else { Object bandanaContext = space == null?new ConfluenceBandanaContext():new SpaceBandanaContext(space); Set disabledBlueprintsIds = (Set)this.bandanaManager.getValue((BandanaContext)bandanaContext, bandanaKey);if(disabledBlueprintsIds != null) { disabledBlueprintsIds.remove(blueprintId.toString()); }this.bandanaManager.setValue((BandanaContext)bandanaContext, bandanaKey, disabledBlueprintsIds); }}
private void disableBlueprint(UUID blueprintId, Space space, String bandanaKey) {if(blueprintId == null) {throw new IllegalArgumentException("blueprint UUID is required."); } else if(!blueprintId.equals(BlueprintConstants.BLANK_PAGE_BLUEPRINT.getId()) && !blueprintId.equals(BlueprintConstants.BLOG_POST_BLUEPRINT.getId())) { Object bandanaContext = space == null?new ConfluenceBandanaContext():new SpaceBandanaContext(space); Object disabledBlueprintsIds = (Set)this.bandanaManager.getValue((BandanaContext)bandanaContext, bandanaKey);if(disabledBlueprintsIds == null) { disabledBlueprintsIds = Sets.newHashSet(); } ((Set)disabledBlueprintsIds).add(blueprintId.toString());this.bandanaManager.setValue((BandanaContext)bandanaContext, bandanaKey, disabledBlueprintsIds); } else {throw new IllegalArgumentException("You cannot disable this blueprint."); }}
Would be simpler and more stable in the long run if the BlueprintStateController was a public spring component
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.