I am moving my hosted Jira to a new server and can't figure out one step in the process. In this article, https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/migrating-jira-applications-to-another-server-861253107.html, the instructions in step 3.2 instruct me to point my new Jira installation to a copy of my previous Jira Home Directory. I have done this with no problem.
The following steps are ones I have also performed, connecting to new MySQL DB and importing all the data, restoring attachments, etc. All of these steps have been completed successfully.
What I don't understand is when do I point my new Jira installation back to the current Jira Home Directory and will that include all of the data I have imported in both the DB and attachment restore. Can someone offer some instructions on this that maybe I am missing?
Quick update: I have switched my new Jira installation back to the new Jira Home Directory and the setup wizard has started again. So I am clearly missing a step somewhere.