Hi,
I'm new to JIRA administration
I'm trying to create a new project and receive unknown error. According to this article https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/hmm-we-couldn-t-create-your-project-due-to-an-unknown-error-818580338.html?_ga=2.130993031.926060894.1511257655-405535529.1506346553&_gac=1.16768324.1508738059.Cj0KCQjwg7HPBRDUARIsAMeR_0jkQqA3DiQ3-qUTbvrboyAgfAoh2pWSzap0e-zV1NTXNi7xoJUHJPgaAoqqEALw_wcB
it's kind of issue on ID handler.
So i'm not sure where and how to find a solution cause there's no solution at the article above.
Please advice
Hello, assuming you are on a linux platform: please grep the atlassian-jira log from the timeframe of the error, first change directory to your log folder and then run the grep command:
cd /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/log
grep "threw an exception while handling a notification about a project being created" atlassian-jira.log
If the error occured in a log that's already archived you may need to use 'zgrep' instead.
Afterwards post the matching lines from the log.
Thanks.
Hi Eduard, thank you for the reply,
We're using MS server 2012 R2.
Here is the line
2017-11-22 10:39:59,006 http-nio-8080-exec-15 ERROR bennym 639x41041x1 1duaq1a 10.106.64.240 /rest/project-templates/1.0/templates [c.a.jira.project.ProjectCreateRegistrarImpl] The handler with id com.atlassian.greenhopper.project.PermissionSchemeProjectCreateHandlerImpl.ProjectCreateHandler threw an exception while handling a notification about a project being createdorg.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.service.importer.ServiceProxyDestroyedException: service proxy has been destroyed
I hope that's what you mean
Hello Stas,
Thanks, yes that error has been reported before. The troubleshooting process from the page you linked will be useful. I would suggest first running a integrity check (https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/using-the-database-integrity-checker-185729629.html) and also try a jira restart if you haven't done so already.
Further the steps under Resolution at the link you posted should be done: db collation, integrity check, and so on until finding the cause for the error. Hope this helps.
Thank you Eduard,
We've already done Integrity check, and it passed without any error. Also we've restarted JIRA.
For now we're using H2 database so we have no option to check DB collation till we'll migrate to external DB.
I'll try to migrate JIRA to external DB and after that I'll check the DB collation. Till then is there anything else I can do?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.