Hello Atlassian Community,
I work for a company that produces large amounts of manuals, then hires a translation house to translate our original english manuals in 10-20 different languages. We're using a table on a company-specific Atlassian Confluence wiki page to track the status and estimated costs of translation projects. See screenshot 1 for an example of one of these pages that is tracking the status of Project #1 and the two manuals within the project that are to be translated into a couple different languages. You can also see I've figured out how to use the page properties macro in this screenshot. In screenshot 2 you can see the page properties summary on an overview page which is pulling the data from those project pages and forming a nice summary for readers who don't want to delve in too deep.
Here's what I want to do:
On the summary page (screenshot 2) I want amounts of money from the project table (screenshot 1) to be totaled into the column "estimated cost." I want to be able to form this final cost amount by adding/subtracting or multiplying/dividing values from the project page. Ideally this would be a formula running in the background that readers don't have to see or mess with, and it can just spit out a final estimation of the translation cost. Can I do this? It would also be nice to do this with text values like Yes or No, or Minor or Major, so changes to a project page would immediately be reflected on the summary page. I'm a novice user and I'm not an administrator and I'm not sure if there are weird restrictions on this page's functionalities because it's some company version of Confluence. That said, I'm happy to learn and I could probably talk to my manager about getting any necessary add-ons or something.
Advice appreciated!
Thanks,
Gjerda
screenshot 1:
screenshot 2: